Terms & Agreement
This agreement is effective upon the receipt of the confirmation email, between Barclay Self Storage, LLC, by and through its manager, Self Storage Processing Solutions, LLC (“Landlord”) and “Tenant.”
- Premises. The Landlord hereby agrees to lease to Tenant the above-referenced storage unit space and Tenant hereby agrees to lease said space from the Landlord under all the terms and conditions included in this Rental Agreement (“Agreement”) set forth below.
- Term. The term of this agreement shall commence on the date the agreement is executed and shall continue on a month-to-month term. The Tenant shall pay the full amount stated above plus other charges delineated in this Agreement in advance on the 1st of every month.
- Receipt. Receipt is hereby acknowledged by the confirmation email sent to Tenant showing the total amount paid for rent and security deposit.
- Use and purpose. This premises is to be used for the storage of personal property and household goods under $5,000 of value and for lawful purposes only. The storage of food, liquids, flammable, explosive, or inherently dangerous materials is prohibited. Tenant is prohibited from storing any items that are a violation of local law, state law, federal law, or in violation of any Board of Health, Sanitary Department, Police or Fire Department, or any other governmental agency. Tenant is responsible for all costs associated with removal of any hazardous materials.
- Rent. Tenant shall automatically pay Landlord the monthly rent stated above via Electronic Funds Transfer (EFT). The initial rent payment shall be paid on the date of execution of this Agreement. Subsequent payments are due automatically on the first of each calendar month. Landlord will automatically attempt to process payments until the full balance is collected. No monthly statements or reminders will be sent by Landlord. Tenant understands that rent is not pro-rated at the time of move-out and partial month’s unused rent is not refundable. Tenant understands that rent must be paid in full each month in advance, due on the first day, and that Landlord does not accept partial payments. Rent payments made after the Landlord’s normal and/or posted business hours will be credited to the Tenant’s account the next business day. After expiration of the initial term of the Agreement, the Landlord may change the rent or any other charge or fee by giving Tenant thirty (30) days’ notice via electronic mail or physical mailing to the address listed on this form. Upon signing this Agreement, Tenant agrees to provide credit/debit card information.
- Late Payments. Rent received more than five (5) days past the due date will result in a late processing fee of $20.00. Rent received more than five (5) days past due will also result in unit lock-down and a $25.00 lock-down fee will be charged. Once all outstanding fees are paid, Tenant must text or call the Landlord at 231-683-2006 to request gate code reinstatement and retrieve the combination to the overlock, should the unit be overlocked at time of payment. Landlord has 2 business days within which to reinstate access after all outstanding fees are paid. The eviction process begins on or after 20 days past due. An additional $50 eviction fee will be charged when we need to start the eviction process for tenants with past due accounts.
- Rules. Landlord reserves the right to adopt rules and regulations regarding the hours of access to and use of the storage space.
- Insurance. Tenant, at Tenant’s expense, may maintain an insurance policy in adequate amounts to properly insure all property stored in the storage space. Tenant stores property at his or her own risk. Landlord is not responsible for damage, loss, theft, or any other claim for personal property.
- Right to enter. Tenant agrees that the Landlord has the right to enter the storage space or any part thereof by any means including, without limitation, the cutting and removal of Tenant’s lock for the purpose of examining the same for lease violation or condition thereof, or to make improvements, repairs, or alterations thereto. Landlord reserves the right to move Tenant’s property to a different unit.
- Abandonment of Property. Any property which shall remain in the occupant’s unit after the expiration or termination of this Agreement, shall be deemed to have been abandoned, and either may be retained by the Landlord as its own property or sold in accordance with Michigan law. If such property or any part shall be sold, the Landlord may receive and retain the proceeds of such sale and apply the same at its option against the expenses of reentry and sale, the cost of moving and storage, any arrears and additional charges and damages. Tenant agrees to pay all cost involved with disposal of Tenant’s property.
- Breach. Failure to make required payments results in a breach of this rental agreement. Tenant will be notified via electronic mail of late payment for five days. If the balance is still not paid after five days, a lock will be placed on the storage unit. A late fee of $20.00 will be incurred and also a lock-removal fee of $25.00 once the account is made current. If Tenant fails to bring the account current or vacate the premises within fifteen (15) days, a statutory lien on the property will be enforced and Landlord may sell the items within the storage unit at a public sale.
NOTICE: Before the sale, Tenant will be notified by first-class mail or by electronic mail of the amount due. The notice will be mailed to Tenant’s last known address. In order to preserve the right to be notified, it is important that Tenant notify us in writing of any change in mailing address. Also, Tenant should supply us with the name and address of another person who can reach Tenant if he/she is not at the mailing address, and we will notify that person at the same time and in the same manner as we notify Tenant. Public sales will be posted on: Bid13.com
- Disposal. Landlord may dispose of property not claimed by the owner, not sold at the public sale, and/or left on the premises. Tenant will be charged $50.00 disposal/cleaning/nuisance fee.
- Lien. Tenant acknowledges that Landlord has a statutory lien upon all personal property, whether or not owned by the Tenant, located in the storage space or on the premises as security for the amount owed on the account.
- Indemnification. Tenant agrees to indemnify, hold harmless and defend Landlord and Landlord’s agents and employees from all claims, demands, actions or causes of action (including actual attorney’s fees and costs) that are hereinafter asserted against the Landlord or Landlord’s agents or employee’s and arising out of Tenant’s use of the Storage space and/or the premises, including claims for Landlord’s negligence, except that Tenant shall not be liable for claims arising out of Landlord’s sole negligence.
- E-Signature and Acceptance. Tenant acknowledges, understands, and agrees that its clicking of “Accept” to the terms and conditions on the website serves as Tenant’s electronic signature on this Rental Agreement and Tenant shall be bound by its terms, conditions, rules, and future rules and regulations adopted by the Landlord regarding the use, access, and hours of the Tenant’s storage unit and storage facility grounds. Tenant acknowledges, understands, and agrees that by its use of the storage facility the Tenant shall be bound by its terms, conditions, rules, and future rules and regulations adopted by the Landlord regarding the use, access, and hours of the Tenant’s storage unit and storage facility grounds.
Mailing address: 17034 Robbins Road, Suite 100, Grand Haven, MI 49417